Saturday, January 22, 2011

Macro Flowers - Parisian Chic

Here are some macro flowers from Paris and how I met these Parisian 'ladies'. 


A sweet French lady told me the name of this flower as she hobbled over to us with her tripod cane for support. She saw me admiring the flowers grown in a concrete bed as part of the street  landscape. Realising that we did not speak French, she nonetheless pointed to her fingers and then pointed to the purple blooms, saying 'digitale'. I could see from her expression that these were probably  her favourite plants and that she was proud to introduce those plants to us.That was my introduction to the beautiful Purple Foxglove (Digitalis Purpurea) you see in the photograph below:


I met these bright and breezy mademoiselles near the River Seine as we made our way, exploring the streets of Paris in the spring of 2010. They were a delightful shade of pink and were proud to be pink! I loved the mass effect in which they were planted and they made our morning walk to the Notre Dame that much more exhilarating.




This one we met in the garden at the East end of the Notre Dame Cathedral. She is what I consider the epitome of the chic Parisian. This rose has a porcelain complexion with a tinge of  rouge on her cheeks. Quelle beauté!





We visited these exotic irises many times at their home in the Iris Garden of Jardin des Plantes in Austerlitz, Paris. They had to entertain many botanists who came with notebooks to record what these girls had to say...there were photographers with their high-powered DSLRs taking macro shots of them all day long. These are the Bearded Irises I have heard so much about. Their six o'clock shadow must be a trial for them, poor girls.


        




So many 'belles fluers' to see, so little time...
Regretfully I say, 'au revoir, mes chéris'. Till we meet again.


See more macro flowers by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment