Saturday, May 28, 2011

Home Office Design Ideas

2nd in a series on Home Office

Whether you work at home full time, part time or on an as-needed basis, having the proper design of your home office is essential.

I spend an average of four hours or more per day in my office, and know that a comfortable and efficient work environment is vitally important.

When designing your home office space, consider these three important questions you’ll need to answer. I call them the ‘How Much’ questions:

  How much...
               ...time will I spend here?
                              ...space do I need?
                                               ...privacy do I need?



After you think on those questions and come to some conclusions, you’ll be better able to move forward with good home office design ideas. 

For example, my home office requires enough space for a full size desk and related office equipment, including a large capacity printer. I need room for at least three filing cabinets plus shelving. I also need to have privacy at times for customer phone interaction as well as concentration for writing.

Consequently, I know that taking a corner of the dining room and designing my little home office space will not work for me.I have a room in my home set aside as ‘the office’.

Read more about Home Office Design Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment