Saturday, June 4, 2011

Precious, Molly-Coddled, Purple Orchids of mine


These purple orchid plants have been sitting in their pot on my porch with limited exposure to full sunlight. Maybe I was being over-protective...didn't want my precious purple princesses to get 'sun-burnt', so I kept them in that location, not expecting them to flower much. After some months  of dormancy, I was so happy to find one brave stalk emerging, seeking light. I guess a bit of molly-coddling doesn't hurt. Now I am patiently waiting for the other plants to get activated and bloom! 


Can you hear what the blooms are singing?
Stretching our limb towards the light.


When's Rosie coming out to give us our foliar feed???


That swan's been watching us  us all day long!




Hey, we get lonely out here on the patio.


We can't wait for this pot to be filled with more stalks of purple orchids! 

Linking to:
Today's Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment