Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mosaic Monday - A rose by any colour...

'Oh my love is like a  red, red rose' have you ever tried spinning this yarn for a lovely lass, gentlemen?
Here's the full original version as written by Robert Burns back in the 18th century, if you have a need for it to accompany that bunch of red roses you have bought for your lady.

She might not be able to appreciate such old fashioned sentiments so be sure the roses you are giving her says it all. Choose the reddest of red roses you can find!







A Red Red Rose


          O, my luve's like a red, red rose, 
          That's newly sprung in June. 
     O, my luve's like the melodie, 
          That's sweetly play'd in tune. 



 As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 
So deep in luve am I, 
     And I will luve thee still, my Dear, 
Till a' the seas gang dry. 



       Till a' the seas gang dry, my Dear, 

          And the rocks melt wi' the sun! 
  O I will luve thee still, my Dear, 
           While the sands o' life shall run. 



       And fare thee weel, my only Luve, 

    And fare thee weel a while! 
   And I will come again, my Luve, 
            Tho' it were ten thousand mile!

                                      Robert Burns


No, no not blue ones like those above. Not those pink ones either...the colour's not red enough!



The right colour but not showy enough...


Hey, wait...this one is lovely! Or that one even! Tell you what gents, if you see roses like these two yellow ones, grab them, for your girlfriend will surely love them!!!

Oh my love is like a yellow, yellow rose...

Sounds alright to me.

For more Mosaic Monday, click on the link below:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment