Friday, March 11, 2011

What's Blooming in Kunming?

It is not a good time for plants here in my My Garden Haven. The weather has been hot and dry, and my hydrangeas are almost spent. My gladioli plants too are browning-off. 

Looks like we have to go seek blooming gardens, and since I have just returned from early spring in Yunnan Province in China, I shall flaunt the spring flowers I photographed there for Tootsie' Fertilizer Friday.

So what's blooming in Kunming, you ask? Quite a fair bit, ladies. Big and small, yellow and purple, in the parks, by the lakes, on the mountains...for Katarina, at Blooming Friday, I present the big and the small.

We'll flaunt the small flowers on big trees first:

Small blossoms


on a big tree!

Or...small flowers surrounding a big tree!

Some of the colours and shapes of flowers are rather unique:



Others are plainly...pretty. There are masses of colours in the parks:












And the prerequisite in every country with a temperate climate,  the pansies in a pretty pot:




The wild flowers grow from under limestone rocks in the Stone Forest!



But these are planted for their effect as a Western-style garden to frame the karst landscape in the background:


Oh, and by the lake...I found to my disbelief...vermillion tulips!



And a field of poppies.




For Maia, a special macro shot for you on Macro Flowers-Saturday:



I'm sure you want to see more, so click on the links below:

Vill du också vara med? -Klicka på bilden!          Copy_of_001                       Macro Flowers Saturday badge 1     

No comments:

Post a Comment