Sunday, December 18, 2011

MAC Eyeshadow: Poison Pen

Hey all, 

I absolutely adore MAC eyeshadow's! They have some gorgeous colours, are highly pigmented and also tend to be easy to work with. Needless to say, I have built myself a bit of a collection over the years! But, I still have some stand out favourites, shadow's that I tend to keep going back to. 

This is most definitely one of them! 

Poison Pen 


Shade
Lavender grey purple 
Matte2

What I Love
- Absolutely gorgeous purple! Looks especially great with brown eyes. 
- It is a matte shade, with absolutely no shimmer.
- Highly pigmented - great colour payoff even with one swipe! 
- Blends like a dream. 
- Long lasting.
- Absence of any black undertones. 
- Can be used on the eyelids, in the crease, or as a liner. 

What I Am Not So Crazy About 
- Sadly, it has been discontinued! I am sure that you could find it somewhere and I will keep my eyes out for dupes! 
- A little bit pricey for those of us that are in Australia. 

Price: $33.00 AUD

Where to Buy: Myer, David Jones & From Various Online Locations.

Swatch


If you can't find it try Urban Decay's Cult 

This has been one of my favourite purple shadow's for quite a while, and I always find myself reaching for it whenever I create a purple look. It is great for the daytime, or for night and makes an amazing smokey eye! Although it is discontinued (which is such a pity!), I definitely recommend that you have a look online or on swaps for it! It is worth the search effort!

It is my aim to eventually work my way through sharing and reviewing all my favourite and most highly recommended shades through the next few months. I have always enjoyed playing a  a part (even it if is a tiny one) in the building of other's collections, so maybe I can tempt you a little! 

Hope you all have a great day! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment