Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Setting Powder Review

Hey all, 

Now I don't know about you, but I have always been speculative about translucent powders. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea! But I just can't see how one powder can blend seamlessly into all skin tones, especially darker ones like mine (NC42). And in general, my fears have been met; with most translucent powders making me look ashy and ghost-like. 

Recently though, a friend convinced me to try Laura Mercier's Translucent Setting Powder - promising that I would not be less than impressed. Although she uses the loose powder, I picked up the pressed one as loose powders are all too messy for me, I'm a definite neat freak!

I must say that she wasn't deluded as I first thought, I really do like this product.


What I Love
- It's pretty much invisible on my skin
- Doesn't leave you looking ashy
- Sets make up and removes oiliness 
- Gorgeous, compact packaging

What I Am Not So Crazy About
- Is a bit pricy
- Harder to find in Australia
- The applicator sponge it comes with is absolutely useless! I would recommend applying this product with a brush, so you can really blend it in. 

Where to Buy: I bought mine on the Adore Beauty online store. 

Price: $65

Swatches

Before blending.
After blending, as you can see - it vanishes! 
Overall, I like it. I don't LOVE it, but I am quite attached to my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish at the moment. I do find myself picking up this product quite a bit in the morning of late. It wears well, and has lasting effects. I wouldn't recommend saving for it, but if you have the spare cash laying around - give it a try! 


Hope you all have a great day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment