Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Makeup Story Tag - First Post!

Hey All,

So this is my first ever blog post - how exciting! I have been wanting to start this blog for a long time now, but found myself wondering how on earth I should begin? So I decided to take inspiration from a YouTube video and answer some questions about my 'Makeup Story', or really just what helped create the relationship I have with makeup today. 

I hope you enjoy reading this, and hope that you learn a thing or two about me! 

10 Questions - Let's Go! 
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? 
I constantly used to make myself look like a clown when I was a young little thing, and was always getting into my mother's makeup (which she NEVER used, I obviously didn't want it to go to waste), but I started using my own makeup products when I was 13 and was starting high school for the first time. I guess the beginning of high school gave me an excuse to pretty myself up a little. At that age I was just using tinted moisturiser, mascara and a bit of lip balm. I started experimenting with more products and more colours when I was about 15 - and that is when the love affair began! 
2. How did you get into makeup?
I have always been interested in makeup, and since a young age I have always loved staring in awe at all the colours on the shelves. I just loved the way makeup brought out my creative side, and found it a great way to express myself and try new things. 
3. What are some of your favourite brands? 
My oh my, that is a hard question.
Drugstore/Cheaper Brands
NYX - I have tried so many nyx products and absolutely love most of them. I especially adore their eyeshadow shades, but more on that later! 
e.l.f - Amazing quality for the price, and I think a lot of their products are just fabulous. Only problem is that living in Australia, I have to buy most of their things online. 
Revlon - Good experiences with most of their products. 
CoverGirl - I adore their eyeshadows, this was also one of the first brands I ever used! 
High End Brands 
MAC - I do love my mac, especially the eyeshadow colours, and the blushes! It was also one of the first places I found foundation that was a perfect match for my skin tone NC40-42 (depending on the season). 
Smashbox - Love most of the products they have! 
Bobbi Brown - Correctors are a life saver, and they have some great natural colours. 
Too Faced - Has the most adorable packaging - I know, I am a marketers dream! 
4. What does makeup mean to you? 
It really is hard to put it into words, it means a lot to me. It has given me confidence that I never used to have as a child. It also has the ability to calm me down when I am angry, or cheer me up when I am in a bad mood. It really does have a big place in my life. 
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? 
Concealer - to get rid of all those pesky imperfections as well as the under eye circles I always have!
Mascara - so I don't look half dead. 
Eyeshadow - I just can't live without a little colour! 
Lip Balm/Lipgloss/Lipstick - my lips are always dry! 
6. What is your favourite thing about makeup?
The creativity it provides!
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
I think whether a brand is expensive or cheap, it always has hits and misses. Sure, I love some high end products and really recommend a few. But on the other hand, some of my favourite makeup is cheaper. Overall, I think you can definitely achieve all the looks you want with cheaper makeup! Who doesn't love a bargain?! 
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? 
Most importantly, enjoy yourself! And don't feel as though you need to follow all the 'rules'! 
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood? 
Visible lip liner! 
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube? 
I adore it! It is half the reason I decided to start this blog. I have found so many youtubers that are such inspirations! 


Thank you for taking the time to read through this, and hopefully you learnt some interesting things about me without being too bored in the process! 

Hope you have a great day & I promise lots of posts to come! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment