Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation Review

Hey all, 

I decided I would give the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation a try as it is a favourite of one of my all time favourite beauty bloggers/youTubers emilynoel83 from Beauty Broadcast. I couldn't find my shade (400 - Natural Beige) in any of the Priceline stores near me, so I bought it off eBay and much to my excitement - it arrived this morning! 

It only took me about 5 mins after I opened it to try it out, and I must say that so far I am loving it. It goes on smoothly (with a primer), is thankfully a great match for my NC40/42 skin tone, and sufficiently covered all blemishes and imperfections. It is not greasy or oily, and with a little bit of setting powder on the top there is no shine to be seen. It is also enriched with skin loving minerals, yippie! 

Rimmel claims that it is transfer resistant, and from what I can tell, it is! I can't say much for the staying power yet as I only put it on about 30 mins ago, but I will put an edit in this post about that later. 

What I Love
- Goes on smoothly 
- Covers imperfections and blemishes
- Matches my skin tone
- Not oily or greasy 
- Didn't oxidise
- Transfer resistant
- Mineral enriched 
- Packaging - looks great, and is easy to store and transport
- EDIT - It does last absolutely all day! 

What I Am Not So Crazy About 
- Shade range, or lack of. 
- Hard to find the darker shades (Had to buy mine overseas on eBay) 

Price: $7.89 (off eBay) 



No comments:

Post a Comment