Monday, September 12, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils Review & Swatches

Hey all, 

I have just begun to buy products from NYX after hearing many raving reviews on youtube, and I thought I would try out these Jumbo Eye Pencils! I bought six to begin with, and I loved them so much that I now have 23, which I think is almost the entire collection!

I absolutely love these pencils, and use them in my looks just about every day. They have a great colour payoff, with an opaque consistency. They are creamy, glide on smoothly, and with a primer are long lasting. I usually use them as a base with a powder shadow on top to complete the look.

They retail for about $6.50 in Australia & $4 in the USA, and can be found at Crush Cosmetics AU.

NYX has provided a wide range of gorgeous shades, which are all highly pigmented.

My Favourite Shades
- Iced Mocha: Which I use as a base for a neutral eye.
- Slate: Great for a smokey eye.
- Pots & Pans: I use this shade as a base for silver looks. 
- Lime: Because I love greens on my eyes & this shade just 'pops'. 
- Purple Velvet: Beautiful deep purple that would suit anyone.
- Electric Blue: So bright & vivid! 
- Rust: Great for bronze looks. 
- Pure Gold: Gorgeous shimmery gold. 
- Milk: Great in the inner corners of the eye to brighten the whole look up. 

Ratings
Quality: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 

Would I buy it again? Definitely!

Swatches (For reference I am NC40/42)

Without Flash 

 Milk, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, Iced Mocha, French Fries, Gold, Pure Gold, Bronze & Rust 

With Flash


Without Flash

 Pots and Pans, Slate & Black Bean 

With Flash 


 Without Flash 

Oyster, Strawberry Milk, Lavender, Pacific, Purple, Purple Velvet

With Flash


Without Flash

Baby Blue, Electric Blue, Horse Radish, Lime, Rocky Mountain Green

With Flash '


Hope you all have a great day! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment