Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Benefit Erase Paste - Review + Swatches

Hey all,

I do love me a good salmon toned, full coverage concealer. I have been cursed with genetic dark under-eye circles, that nothing will budge (thanks mum!) - so covering them is the only way that I can stop looking like a zombie. 

I first tried out Benefit Erase Paste when I was 16 (they made it back then?!), in preparation for my semi-formal (or prom) and it has been a staple in my makeup collection since then. My shade is Deep. 



What I Love 
- Salmon toned to correct darkness (purple and green shades).
- Full coverage.
- Cream concealer that smoothes on easily. 
- Great staying power. 
- Adorable packaging

What I Don't
- Settles into creases and fine lines if not set. 
- Has to be blended thoroughly, as it is quite thick. 
- Have to use a foundation over the top as it is salmon toned. 


Shades Available: Light, Medium and Deep


Where to Buy: Myer


Price: $47.00

Swatches

Now, I didn't think that the world was ready to see my under eye circles...
So I swatched it over a vein instead!

Green Vein. 
No green-ness to be seen anywhere!
As you may be able to tell, it definitely has similarities to Bobbi Brown correctors. Which one is better? I'm sorry, but I couldn't tell you. I love each of these products for their own reasons. Erase Paste seems to work differently and can also be used to cover up other imperfections. Bobbi Brown correctors seem to last longer, but crease more.

Saying this, I definitely recommend that you give both a try to see what will work best for you!

Hope you all have a great night! 






No comments:

Post a Comment