Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Looking After Myself: Skin Care Routine

Hey all, 

This post has been a long time coming, I have just been so caught up blogging about prettier things! But, the time is nigh! A balanced skin care routine that is tailored to your individual needs is vital to maintain the health and appearance of your skin. And with your skin being your largest organ, it definitely should be looked after! 

Not everything will work for everyone, and this post is just about what works for me - so keep that in mind when reading!

Hope you enjoy! 

Makeup Removal 


Swisspers Botanical Extracts Eye Make-Up Remover 
- Smells gorgeous, is gentle on the eyes and handles waterproof mascara without trouble! 
When: At night, or any time I'm switching things around.
Where to Buy: Priceline and Selected Pharmacies
Price: Think it was around $10

Wild Harvest Virgin Coconut Oil 
- I use this miracle product after cleansing facial wipes and let it sink in. Also use it under masks and on my hair as a treatment. It works wonders! 
When: Night. 
Where to Buy: Health Stores 
Price: $18.99

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes 
- Removes all makeup without irritating the skin. 
When: Night, or when removing makeup. 
Where to Buy: Priceline and Pharmacies. 
Price: $6.99

Cleansing, Exfoliating, Masks and Toning


Natio Renew Radiance Exfoliator 
- An enzyme based exfoliator that promotes radiant skin without irritating. Doesn't cause me any redness. I use it once or twice a week, depending. I tried this on a whim and have grown to adore it! 
When: Usually at night. 
Where to Buy: Priceline, Myer and Selected Pharmacies. 
Price: $19.95

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream
- My favourite way to start the week! This scrub is divine - it works wonders to remove impurities and refine the complexion. I stopped using most Clinique products a while ago, but couldn't let go of this one! Also, it smells like cake batter. 
When: Usually at night. 
Where to Buy: Myer, David Jones. 
Price: $47.00

Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask
- I have been using this brand for years and love the way my skin feels after this mask. The mud draws out horrid impurities and balances oil. I will either use this, a Lush Fresh Face Mask, or Simplicite mask once a week. 
When: Night, usually in the bathtub surrounded by steam. 
Where to Buy: Priceline
Price: $8.99

Simplicite Exfoliating Face Treatment
I use this as a mask. Gorgeous organic product that does wonders to plump up and treat imperfections in my skin. Great anti-aging properties. The only problem is that I don't like the smell. 
When: Night. 
Where to Buy: Online, Myer 
Price: $41.70

Biotherm Biosource Cleanser
- Been using this since the beginning of the year, and I ADORE it! Contains balancing zinc and leaves my skin feeling cleansed, without being tight or dry. 
Best for normal-combination skin. 
When: Day and night. 
Where to Buy: Myer
Price: $29.00

Biotherm Biosource Lotion/Toner
- A non aggressive and non drying toner. Removes traces of dirt and makeup and increases cell production. 
When: Day and Night 
Where to Buy: Myer 
Price: $36.00

I use my cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia at night- which I adore! I use the sensitive brush head. 
Where to Buy: Adore Beauty & Myer 
Price: $150


Moisturiser, Treatments and Sunscreen



Biotherm Aquasource Skin Perfection
- One of the best moisturisers that I have ever tried. Moisturises my skin without causing oiliness. Moisture lasts all day. 
When: Morning
Where to Buy: Myer 
Price: $64.00

Simplicite Rosemary Blemish Gel 
- A natural, organic treatment for less aggressive blemishes. Soothes and fades. 
When: Whenever needed. 
Where to Buy: Online & Myer 
Price: $28.80

Neutrogena Healthy Defence Sunscreen
- The normal/combination sunscreen variety. Offers sun protecting without oiliness and also doesn't leave a white shadow on my darker skin. 
When: Whenever venturing outside. 
Where to Buy: Priceline, Pharmacies
Price: $14.99

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +
- I cannot live without this little baby! Makes my skin radiant and calm. Also increases cell renewal and protects from environmental damage. 
When: Day and Night
Where to Buy: Adore Beauty, Priceline, Myer and Health Stores
Price: $29.95

Simplicite Lemon Night Creme
- More intense moisture for night time. Smells divine! Suits all skin types.
When: Night
Where to Buy: Online and Myer 
Price: $59.90

Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel
- Zaps pimples in no time! A definite HG product for me. 
When: When needed 
Where to Buy: Priceline and pharmacies. 
Price: $14.99

Biotherm Aquasource Eye Perfection
- My favourite eye cream. Helps reduce puffiness and dark circles without being over moisturising. 
When: Day and night
Where to Buy: Myer 
Price: $49.00

Wow, what a long post! Feel free to ask me any questions. 

Have you done a skin care routine post? If so, link me! 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment