Monday, May 28, 2012

My Top 5 Tips for Clear Skin

Hey all,

As mortified as I am to admit it, I did neglect my skin a little bit for around a month. Life just got on top of me, and the health of my skin dropped to the bottom of my list. Needless to say, I was not impressed with the results! Neglecting your skin is not a good idea under any circumstance!

Here are a few little tips to keep your skin clear. These are just things that have been working for me, and although I can't guarantee that they will work for you as well - I do recommend that you give them a try! Regardless, they will make for a healthier version of yourself!


1. Remove ALL Make Up at the End of the Day
 I recommend that you use two different make up removers; one for your entire face and one specifically for your eyes. Keeping make up on for any extended period of time, especially throughout the night, can make all hell break out on your skin! I usually find that a blemish or two will pop up one or two days after I have been too lazy to take my make up off.


For something that only takes a couple of minutes to do, the breakout just isn't worth it! 


Personally I use Simple Makeup Remover Wipes and Swisspers Eye Makeup Remover. 

2. Clean Make Up Brushes Consistently & Thoroughly
Dirty make up brushes are a germ and bacteria breeding ground, and you definitely don't want to be mixing in an unhealthy dose of bacteria with your foundation in the morning!


I spot clean my brushes after every use and deep clean face brushes once every 1-2 weeks (foundation, powder, blush and bronzer brushes). I leave my eye brushes a little longer.


3. Treat Before You See
Everyone knows the dread you feel when you can tell you are about to get a pimple the same size as a small nation; well, that's the time to start acting. When it comes to blemishes, it is best to treat problems before they get the chance to show their fury!


Use a spot on treatment when you notice the first signs of a blemish. 


4. Eat Healthily
One phrase comes to mind - you are what you eat!


Your skin and body are going to be much healthier on a good diet. Don't forget to add lots of fruits and veggies, especially those with anti-oxidant and immunity boosting properties.


Why not try a smoothie?
My favourite smoothies ingredients are: beetroot, carrots, oranges, limes and lemons, cranberries and raspberries! 

5.Exercise! 
Although exercise can be something that we all dread at times, it is most definitely worth the effort. It gives you a great dose of happiness enduring endorphins as well. 

I hope that this post helped you all a little bit and that you enjoyed it!

Have a great night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment