Monday, April 9, 2012

Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner - Review + Swatches

Hey all, 

I bought these little beauties on recommendation from one of my favourite YouTube makeup guru's - gossmakeupartist. He's great, head over and check him out if you haven't already! I am a sucker for eyeliner's and ran off to purchase them after I saw them in one of his favourites post. 

They are long-lasting coloured eyeliners that are infused with shimmer particles. They come in a range of shades and I picked up: Emerald Glow, Sugar Plum, Twilight Sparkle, Sparkling Silver and Golden Diamond. I have been using them for about a month now, and absolutely adore them so far. They have the perfect balance between colour and shimmer, and I have found that they add a special something to most eye looks! 


What I Love 
- Highly pigmented - deep, rich colour, especially in the darker shades. 
- Great range of shades. 
- Bright, sparkling shimmer.
- Not too shimmery - can be used both day and night. 
- Long lasting and don't smudge easily.
- Go on smoothly and easily. 
- Automatic and self sharpening. 
- Cheap! 

What I Don't 
- The darker colours seem to be a lot more pigmented than the lighter ones. 
- They are hard to come by in Australia, you would have to hunt down a representative. You can get around this though by purchasing them on eBay from overseas. 

Where to Buy: Avon Representatives, eBay.
I purchased mine from tupperwarenavon2731 from the USA. 

Price: I bought them for $2.90 each, and combined postage came to $5.20.

Swatches 

Without Flash 

Emerald Glow, Twilight Sparkle, Sugar Plum, Sparkling Silver and Golden Diamond.

With Flash 


I definitely recommend these if you want a shimmer infused liner that isn't too overpowering. I have found that they brighten up and add depth to most looks. At $2.90 each, why not give them a try? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment