Friday, April 20, 2012

On My Lips: Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

Hey all,

Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon and purchased some of the well acclaimed Revlon Lip Butters. But before I start with the review, I have a bit of ranting to do. 

The prices us Australian girls get charged for products is insane and personally I think it is completely unjustifiable. The lip butters are a perfect example; how we can get charged $21.95 for something that is $8 in the U.S is completely beyond me. Because of price gaps exactly like this, products that are affordable (and quite often loved for that reason) for our fellow beauty lovers overseas are not as easily accessible for Australian ladies. 

What are your thoughts? Does anyone know the 'reason' behind the price gap?

Okay, rant done - on to the review. 

Revlon Lip Butters are a famous new-ish product that are a wonderful combination of a lip balm/gloss and a lipstick; they provide moisture as well as colour. I have picked up four lip butters so far, but Berry Smoothie is definitely my favourite shade. For me, it's a perfect 'my lips, but better' shade. 


What I Love 
- Gorgeous colour- natural and universally flattering. 
- Great pigmentation for the product type. 
- Very moisturising and feels great on the lips. 
- Relatively long lasting. 
- Gorgeous packaging. 

What I Don't 
- The ridiculous price difference between the US and Australia. 

Where to Buy: Priceline, Selected Pharmacies and wherever Revlon is sold. 

Price: $21.95

Swatch


On My Lips


They are lovely lip products and they do exactly what everyone and his dog/cat/bird/ant? (who hasn't been talking about them?!) claim. I am just not convinced they are worth the larger Australian price-tag. 

What do you think? 

If  I purchase more, I think I will grab them off eBay from the US - at a much lower price. 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

I love that you can see the colour from the top of the packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment