Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bargain Alert! BYS Metallics Browns Palette Review

Hey all, 

I know how much we all love a bargain, so I thought I would share the latest cheap but fabulous product I  have stumbled upon recently. For those of you who live in Australia, you may have seen the BYS brand stocked in K-Mart. All of their products are ridiculously cheap, and until now I have steered away from them. 

My decision to try BYS came after I saw a friend wearing a gorgeous gold shade of eyeshadow, and of course, I was dying to know where it was from! She informed me that it was from an 8 shadow eyeshadow palette from BYS. Ta-dah! My entire opinion changed in a second, it's funny how these things work! 

So, I ran off to the store and purchased the BYS Metallics Palette in Browns, which is an 8 shadow palette comprised of gorgeous metallic gold and brown shades. ONLY $5 wonderful people! It also comes in a purples and a smoky palette. 

What I Love
- Beautiful, on trend colours 
- Great pigmentation for the cost 
- Just the right amount of shimmer 
- Sleek packaging, easy to store and transport 

What I Am Not So Crazy About 
- Has a talc smell about it (it may just be me as I have a highly sensitive sense of smell)
- Slightly messy - need to make sure that you tap the excess off the brush before application
- It isn't stocked everywhere and can be a bit of a pain to find (especially for those of us who live in the middle of the city & a while away from K-Mart)



Swatches

Without Flash


With Flash 


I also thought that I would chuck in a picture of how bright they look on my fingers after swatching! 


How pigmented are they for a $5 palette! I cannot get over it! 

Cost: $5 AUD

Where to Buy: BYS is stocked at K-Mart Australia wide, and can also be purchased online at:

Hope you all have a great day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment