Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Two Cents On The Importance of Sun Protection This Summer!

Hey all, 

I'm usually not one to nag, but I don't see this as nagging! I see it more as...enforcing education upon ;) 

As most of you who live in Australia (and those of you who don't) would know, the sun is a damn dangerous thing. In a nutshell, it burns up your skin, and turns what was once a bunch of happy little skin cells into cancerous lil monsters. Sun protection is absolutely vital in Australia and around the world! It doesn't only help prevent skin cancer, but also prevents: premature ageing, sun spots (brown spots) and other general sun damage. 

Despite common beliefs, no one is immune to the damage caused by the sun - even if you have dark skin to begin with! I have a med-dark (NC40/42) complexion, and I am young - but guess what? In the last year I have had 2 cancerous spots removed from my right leg. My oh my!

Approx 2 in 3 Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer before age 70 & till this day, prevention remains the best way to save lives! 

The Lowdown
- If you think 'it won't happen to you', it quite possibly could.  
- Over-exposure to the sun can cause a variety of skin cancers, premature ageing & brown spots
- Try using products with a minimum SPF 30+ UVB & UVA broad spectrum protection on both your body and your face.
- Always reapply sunscreen! 
- Avoid excessive sun exposure 
- DO NOT use tanning beds/solariums 

Okay, now for the fun stuff! 


Favourite Sun Protection Products 

L'Oreal UV Perfect Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 30+ 

Nivea Sun Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30+

Blistex SPF20 Lip Conditioner 

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation SPF 20 

My Gorgeous Orange Floppy Hat

Did Anyone Say Kaftan?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment