Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara Review

Hey all,

I am mascara crazy, a mascara fiend possibly! Who doesn't want gorgeous, long, thick and perfect lashes to frame their eyes? Of course we all do! Saying that, I am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara (which I am yet to find) and generally buy new mascara products as soon as they come out. 

I picked up the Almay Get Up & Grow mascara in blackest black pretty soon after it came out in Australia, and have been using it on pretty much a daily basis since then.

I am loving it! I really do think it lives up to most of Almay's claims, and have found that it makes my eyelashes look not just longer and thicker, but also healthier!



What Almay Claims
- Visibly longer, stronger lashes
- Anti-breakage pro-vitamin formula to defend lashes against damage 
- Unique brush shape contours to reach every lash
- Clump free 
- It is also hypoallergenic, ophthalmologist tested & suitable for contact lens wearers 


What I Love
- Lashes do look stronger, longer and healthier
- I have found that I have had less lash fall out recently 
- Doesn't run or smudge 
- Doesn't clump 
- It also held up on a rainy day pretty damn well for a non-waterproof mascara! 


The brush is amazing! Lately I have been a fan of rubber eyeshadow brushes out there, but this one is just your regular old fashioned style of brush that does an amazing job! The brush tapers in the middle, which helps it reach all the lashes and give them a great lift! Just make sure that you wipe the excess mascara off the brush, as the end of the brush can get a little clumpy. 

I will definitely be purchasing this mascara again when I run out, it exceeded all my expectations!!

Price: Around $19.95 (I've misplaced my receipt) 

Where to Buy: Priceline

Hope you all have a great day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment