Sunday, October 23, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Inspired Nails + Tutorial

Hey all, 

With national pink ribbon day being tomorrow, I thought I would do something special with my nails to show my support. Breast cancer awareness is something that I hold especially close to my heart, as many women in my family - including my gorgeous mother, have been affected by breast cancer in the past. 

As I am no where near talented enough to paint a pink ribbon on my nails, I thought that I would just go with some plain ol' pink instead! I painted them a bright, candy pink with hot pink glittery tips!

Overall, I am quite happy with the way they turned out! 


What I Used
- OPI Base & Top Coat 
- French Manicure Tip Guides 
- B Collection by Bloom in Venezuela 
- LA Splash in Sparkling Rose 


How I Did It
- Painted my nails with my OPI base coat and let dry.
- Painted the entire nail with two coats of B Collection by Bloom in Venezuela, and let dry completely.
- Applied french manicure tip guides to all my nails.
- Painted two coats of LA Splash in Sparkling Rose on the tips.
- Removed french manicure tip guides before the polish dried.
- When nails were completely dry, applied top coat. 

I hope that you all enjoyed this look, and found my steps somewhat helpful! If you didn't want to do this look in pink, any other colours would work as well! 

Support those affected by breast cancer: wear pink, buy a ribbon or donate (if possible). You can get more information about this important cause at http://www.pinkribbonday.com.au/


Hope you all have a great day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment